Re: Unable to run sshd under a domain sshd_server account [SOLVED]

On May 13 11:49, Schutter, Thomas A. wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > Except that is not what I am seeing.  When I run "id" from a console
> > > cygwin shell:
> > >   $ id
> > >   uid=18718(tschutter) gid=10513(Domain Users)
> > > groups=544(Administrators),545(Users),10513(Domain
> > > Users),18169(FDSV-GG-PrxBLD),22611(FDSV-GG-PrxPCAdmins)
> > >
> > > But when I run "id" from a ssh shell:
> > >   $ id
> > >   uid=18718(tschutter) gid=10513(Domain Users)
> > > groups=545(Users),10513(Domain Users)
> > >
> > > So when I am using pubkey authentication, the user token is not a
> > member
> > > of the "Administrators", "FDSV-GG-PrxBLD", or "FDSV-GG-PrxPCAdmins"
> > > groups.
> >
> > That wasn't what I was talking about.  I was just referring to the
> > assertion that Windows doesn't know about user impersonation or
> > user switching.
> >
> > As for your user token, Cygwin tries to get information about the user
> > by asking the local machine what local and global groups the user is
> > member in.  Some local groups are only in the user's group list,
> > because
> > one of the global grouyps is in turn member of a local group, which is
> > probably the case for the Admin's group.  For some reason your local
> > machine doesn't return any of the information about the global domain
> > groups your user is member in.  Possible reasons are that retrieving
> > the
> > PDC for the user's domain fails, or that the PDC refuses to list the
> > user's groups for some reason.  That's something you would have to
> > debug
> > in your local installation.
>
> Ahh.  From my original email from a console cygwin shell:
>   $ echo $USERDOMAIN
>   FLOODDATA
>
> But when I login via ssh:
>   $ echo $USERDOMAIN
>   FDSVBLD01SGRAPE
>
> So when I login via ssh, the USERDOMAIN is set to the local machine
> rather than the domain.  So I would suspect that the PDC is not even
> being queried.

You're jumping to conclusions.  The reason why USERNAME and USERDOMAIN
are wrong I explained in my first reply.  Both values don't matter when
Cygwin tries to connect to the PDC, as long as the /etc/passwd pw_gecos
field contains a valid U-DOMAIN\username entry.  This information is
used to connect to the PDC.

Corinna

Red Hat