This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Recently installed cygwin - cannot install gcc
- From: "Reini Urban" <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 19:34:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: Recently installed cygwin - cannot install gcc
- References: <482995D4.email@example.com>
2008/5/13 David Ziants <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> Installed cygwin under Windows XP prof, and the basic environment works. I
> cannot do gcc nor can I find reference to the compiler under any of the bin
> Have run the setup a second time (as advised by documentation) and also
> tried reinstalling from a different mirror. Explicitly tried to
> install/reinstall the "develop" package where gcc is supposed to be
> installable from.
install gcc-core and not gcc.
gcc has an invalid tar for me also.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html