This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin & autotools - readline not found
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:34:51 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: cygwin & autotools - readline not found
- References: <4829F5FD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Liam Staskawicz <liam <at> makingthings.com> writes:
> "checking for readline in -lreadline... no"
> " configure: error: readline not found"
> A cygcheck -c shows that I have libreadline4, 5, and 6 all installed OK
That's all find and dandy, but those are only the runtime dlls. To compile
against libreadline, you also need to have the 'readline' development package
installed, which includes the additional headers and linktime libraries that
configure is complaining about. It is not installed by default; rerun
setup.exe and select it for explicit download.
volunteer cygwin readline maintainer
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html