This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: please help
- From: Longyu Mei <lmei007 at yahoo dot com>
- To: "Thrall, Bryan" <bryan dot thrall at flightsafety dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:51:32 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: RE: please help
> Have you built ACE for Cygwin? You will probably
> need to regenerate your
> make files; if they are testing for *.so, then they
> are still the Linux
> versions, and it's a bad idea to just disable those
> The instructions for building ACE on Cygwin
> gwin) are a little out of date, but they might work
> for you. Note the
> ACE build on Cygwin is experimental.
We have two choices for this experimental:
1. use Microsoft compiler to do it: ACE and boost
should work under Microsoft compiler. but we may need
to do make changes on make files
2. user windows g++, such as cygwin: We didn't
expected ACE and boost changes as we found now. but
the make system suppose should be stay the same (minor
changes may needed) as we have now.
Looks like we need to rethink it again.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html