This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Makefile command interpreter
- From: Spiro Trikaliotis <an-cygwin at spiro dot trikaliotis dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 10:05:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: Makefile command interpreter
- Bcc: Spiro Trikaliotis <trikalio at localhost>
- References: <482BAAB9.email@example.com>
* On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 03:15:05PM +1200 Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> I have a few makefiles which are written to run with the cmd.exe command
> interpreter, which won't work with cygwin's make (which uses /bin/sh).
> Setting export SHELL=cmd.exe
> calls cmd.exe alright, but then sits there forever waiting for input.
Just a wild guess, as I have not tested this:
Have you tried cmd.exe with the /c switch? If cmd.exe is called without
that switch, it expects input from the standard input (console).
Spiro R. Trikaliotis http://opencbm.sf.net/
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html