This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mail-archives disappear on ftp mirror sites
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: Sven Severus <s dot severus at online dot de>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 17:29:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: mail-archives disappear on ftp mirror sites
- References: <000701c8b87d$61f15d90$0c02a8c0@QQ2>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Sven Severus wrote:
> This is very regrettable.
> I miss these mail-archive files pretty much, because
> they were an excelent source of knowledge about cygwin
> and help. With these files and the grep utility I have
> almost always found solutions for my problems or at
> least useful references...
> I think many cygwin users would agree with this.
You don't need the raw archives for that. Google "site:cygwin.com
inurl:ml inurl:cygwin search-term-here" works wonderfully and doesn't
require downloading many megabytes of junk. You can even add
"inurl:2007" to limit by year. Also, there's the mhonarc search tool on
the site, as well as gmane and nabble. Gmane even has a download
function for retrieving archives if you really must have them. You're
making this out as a problem that simply does not exist.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html