RE: Compiling a simple glade project in cygwin

vijayasarathy@ wrote on 19 May 2008 13:04:

> Hey Dave,

  Vijay, the kind of disclaimer that your company's email server appends to
your email is not permitted on the public mailing lists run by
sourceware.org/cygwin.com/gcc.gnu.org; can you please setup a hotmail
account or similar to use for list posts?  The admins try and block all such
posts automatically, and reply with a bounce message explaining the
situation, but sometimes a few slip through the filters.  (The problem is
that these disclaimers attempt to impose legal liabilities on a public,
volunteer-run project which doesn't have the funding for lawyers and such
expenses, so the policy was set to just ban them.)

> There appears to be some lead I got, but I dont know how to make sense of
> it.
>
> In the hope that what you said was right, I redirected standard error
> stream to a file during compilation[2>errfile during compilation], and the
> error file reads like this:
>
> g++: ^M[Control-M, that is]: No such file or directory.
>
> Previously the g++ and Control-M were not printed on screen.

  Hmm, could be that you installed in DOS text-mode and it's getting in the
way somehow.

  Once you've sorted out a way of posting without the disclaimer, please run
"cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out", then send the .out file - as an
*attachment*, please, not cut-and-paste into the body of your mail - to the
list, and we'll be able to take a look at your configuration.

    cheers,
      DaveK