This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Mail and Exchange Server
- From: "Frank Fesevur" <ffes at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 19:39:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Mail and Exchange Server
- References: <loom.20080519T115448firstname.lastname@example.org>
2008/5/19 Ronald Fischer wrote:
> at a customer's site, I would like to be able to send email from
> bash scripts. The setup of the software is pretty standard: Usually
> mail is sent and read using Outlook, and there is an Exchange server
> lurking somewhere to do the job. What do I have to do in such an
> environment in order to be able to send mail from cygwin?
> I thought this is such a common setup that there must be somewhere a
> "howto" for this subject, but I searched the Cygwin FAQ, the Cygwin
> User Guide, and /usr/doc/cygwin without success. Isn't there a Cygwin
> utility which simply uses the settings in Outlook to send the mail?
Have you tried the cygwin "email" package? It talks directly to an SMTP server.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html