This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: wget and HTTP_PROXY question
- From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 17:29:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: wget and HTTP_PROXY question
- References: <loom.20080520T154642email@example.com>
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Ronald Fischer <> wrote:
> I can't fetch anything from the web using wget (Connection timed out).
> My guess is that it has to do with the proxy settings, but:
> - my environment variable HTTP_PROXY is set, and
> - from a Windows command line (i.e. outside of Cygwin), tools
> (such as the package manager of ActiveState Perl) *can* use
> the proxy specified here, without problems.
> What can I do to get wget working?
Try putting your preferences settings in a .wgetrc file.
http_proxy = "proxy:port"
https_proxy = "proxy:port"
proxy_user = "user"
proxy_password = "password"
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html