From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Ronald Fischer
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:50 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: wget and HTTP_PROXY question

I can't fetch anything from the web using wget (Connection timed out).
My guess is that it has to do with the proxy settings, but:

- my environment variable HTTP_PROXY is set, and
- from a Windows command line (i.e. outside of Cygwin), tools (such as
the package manager of ActiveState Perl) *can* use the proxy specified
here, without problems.

What can I do to get wget working?

Ronald