This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ruby-1.8.6-p114-1: IRB cannot use readline any more
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 11:30:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: ruby-1.8.6-p114-1: IRB cannot use readline any more
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On May 21 09:51, Robert Klemme wrote:
> after upgrading to this new version of Ruby readline does not seem to
> work in IRB any more. I tried using parameter --readline as well as
> various combinations of packages readline, libreadline5 and
> libreadline6 but to no avail. Switching back to the previous version
> (ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i386-cygwin]) solves the issue.
My fault. I moved my 1.5 build environment to another machine and
missed to install the readline devel package. The result is that
readline support is entirely missing in ruby.
I'll prepare a new package today.
Thanks for the report,
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html