This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: _pinfo::dup_proc_pipe: DuplicateHandle failed
- From: Hugh Sasse <hgs at dmu dot ac dot uk>
- To: "Relson, David" <david dot relson at orion-sys dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 16:00:41 +0100 (WEST)
- Subject: Re: _pinfo::dup_proc_pipe: DuplicateHandle failed
- References: <91FA647A1A781F41BBB0359765C90C159AE3D3@mailsvr.orion-sys.com>
On Wed, 21 May 2008, Relson, David wrote:
> Yesterday I reopened a project from 3 years ago. Its makefiles allowed
> me to build the code for an embedded project and the tools for
> The makefiles needed some minor tweaking (notably changing "\" to "\\"
> in some paths), which isn't a problem. However, running "make -f
> makefile.gnu" also produces errors of form:
> 8 [main] bash 4988! _pinfo::dup_proc_pipe: DuplicateHandle failed,
> pid 4988, hProcess 0x68D, wr_proc_pipe 0x750, Win32 error 6
> I've got cygwin-1.5.25-11, make-3.81-2, and bash 3.2.33-18 installed. I
I don't have the answer you want, but wonder if you can narrow it down
any more with, maybe,
make -d -f makefile.gnu
which should give spadefuls of debugging output, before it goes pop.
Meanwhile, I'll shut up and hope that someone more familiar with your
case can help.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html