fate/resolution/location of things like "sys/sockio.h"

I'm trying to build nmap from scratch to track down some security issues.
It seems to be choking on this,
configure:4180: result: no
configure:4208: checking for sys/ioccom.h
configure:4216: result: no
configure:4104: checking sys/sockio.h usability
configure:4121: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c>&5
conftest.c:53:24: sys/sockio.h: No such file or directory
configure:4127: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */

but I can't figure out exactly what the status of "sys/sockio.h" is from the results here:

Is there a definitive way to fix this? Some posts on non-cygwin sites but nothing
seems to get beyond "it didn't build what is wrong?"

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note: Hotmail is possibly blocking my mom's entire
ISP - try  me on if no reply
here. Thanks.

E-mail for the greater good. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft. GreaterGood