This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: setup-procedure: "find" from homepage gives no category for a package
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 08:50:01 -0400
- Subject: RE: setup-procedure: "find" from homepage gives no category for a package
- References: <A572040FCA64F540BD86423925CB90A9A7950E@INFRA-BLN-EX2K.psi.de> <31DDB7BE4BF41D4888D41709C476B6570929AFA9@NIHCESMLBX5.nih.gov>
Gahr, Wolfgang wrote on Friday, May 23, 2008 6:43 AM:
> A question concerning the setup-procedure.
> It is difficult to find the category for a given package. I give an
> If you are looking for the package "rsync", you can use "find" on the
> Homepage. But the resulting list shows no hint about the category for
> the setup, so you have to search manually all the categories until
> you are lucky.
> It would be great to include the category to the results of the
As long as this is being discussed: I have long wished that <setup.hint> was included in the results, both to see the <ldesc> And <requires> without having to look inside <setup.ini>. (So this is a convenience, not a necessity.)
Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html