This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fstab 1.7: spaces in win32path
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: Martin Muenstermann <martin dot muenstermann at trustcenter dot de>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 02:45:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: fstab 1.7: spaces in win32path
- References: <483A7D06.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Martin Muenstermann wrote:
> after my last update of cygwin, I found myself in the cygwin 1.7 world
> (uname -rv: 1.7.0(0.185/5/2) 2008-05-25 20:10).
That was not intentional, the 1.7 update was meant to go to the testing
> My problem:
> I haven't found a way to mount a win32path containing spaces (like
> "c:\\Dokumente und Einstellungen\\myself") through fstab. Tried
> enclosing it with " and/or escaping the spaces (\ ).
> C:\\Dokumente\ und\ Einstellungen\\myself /DOS some_fs text 0 0
It's done the same as on linux, using \nnn where nnn is the octal value
of the character.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html