This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
SORRY! Re: fstab 1.7: spaces in win32path
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:59:37 -0400
- Subject: SORRY! Re: fstab 1.7: spaces in win32path
- References: <483A7D06.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 11:04:06AM +0200, Martin Muenstermann wrote:
> after my last update of cygwin, I found myself in the cygwin 1.7 world
> (uname -rv: 1.7.0(0.185/5/2) 2008-05-25 20:10).
> Unfortunately, my mounts have not been translated to /etc/fstab entries, so
> I had to write /etc/fstab myself. :-(
Argh. I'm very sorry. I used my standard update facility for updating
a test version of Cygwin and it placed the DLL in the wrong release
It should have gone to the testing "release-2" directory.
> My problem:
> I haven't found a way to mount a win32path containing spaces (like
> "c:\\Dokumente und Einstellungen\\myself") through fstab. Tried enclosing
> it with " and/or escaping the spaces (\ ).
> C:\\Dokumente\ und\ Einstellungen\\myself /DOS some_fs text 0 0
I think this is a real bug so at least there is a silver lining to my gaffe.
Apologies again for the major screwup on my part.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html