RE: Urgent !!! Reg Linking sybase DLL in cygwin..

I keep forgetting it can do that these days :(

> The only real reason you need an import library is if
> you're doing things like adding aliases for symbol names, or you need to
> remove stdcall name decorations.  (Or if you need the name indirection
> that an import library provides, e.g. being able to have -lfoo refer to
> libfoo.dll.a which refers to cygfoo-12.dll.)  But if you simply want to
> link against a DLL you can do so directly without any of the mess of
> pexports or def files or import libs or whatnot.

  Perhaps it's time that OP explain exactly /what/ the problem is; I did
assume that a straightforward "-lfoo" must already have not worked in some
way.  Mani?

   Yes, I am not able to link directly sybase .dll in g++ compiler in cygwin.
   I have created .def file with help of dumpbin command. I have
modified the .def file.
   My .def file will be

   With help of dlltool command i have created .a file also. Now i can
able to link and
   i got the EXE also. But while running the exe, i got the error message
   _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
   I want to clarify the following things
   (i) Can i use dumpbin to get the .def file?
   (ii) Why the exception thrown ?

   But when i run the same sample code arith.cpp in windows
environment, i am getting the result.