Re: Problems installing on vista, no /bin in path

Brian:

I've been seeing the same problem with both bash behaving in this
manner (presummably because of the simple non-existence of
/etc/profile) and cases where bash segfaults immediately on startup.
Both problems, while not confirmed to have the same root cause, have
the same errors in postinstall as seen below.

None the the identified BLODA options seem to apply in my case as
these are relatively new/clean installs.  The prime suspect would have
been Windows Defender but on my boxes (Windows 2008 Server) it does
not seem to be installed (nothing under "Programs and Features" or
under "Programs" in the StartMenu).  Let me know if there's something
else going on here and Windows Defender might still be on my system.

I tried to find out why the postinstalls failed but my current situation
is that bash is in the "segfault mode" and thus the scripts fundamentally
cannot run.  I'll look for other ways of identifying why bash is segfaulting
but any recommendations would be welcome.  Otherwise I'll keep plugging
away and let you know if I find anything new.

-- Eric