This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems installing on vista, no /bin in path
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: Eric Berge <emberge at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 08:18:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: Problems installing on vista, no /bin in path
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Eric Berge wrote:
> I tried to find out why the postinstalls failed but my current situation
> is that bash is in the "segfault mode" and thus the scripts fundamentally
> cannot run. I'll look for other ways of identifying why bash is segfaulting
> but any recommendations would be welcome. Otherwise I'll keep plugging
> away and let you know if I find anything new.
When it segfaults it should produce some output as well as a
bash.exe.stackdump file. What is the exact output of opening a command
prompt and running "x:\whatever\path\to\bash.exe -xc
/etc/postinstall/some-postinst-script-that-fails.sh"? Can you reduce it
down to a simplest testcase that segfaults?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html