This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rsync immediately hangs when connecting via ssh (still trying to fix, revisited from Aug 07)
- From: "Steven Hartland" <killing at multiplay dot co dot uk>
- To: "Joel Harrison" <harr2969 at gmail dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 03:29:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: rsync immediately hangs when connecting via ssh (still trying to fix, revisited from Aug 07)
- References: <email@example.com>
Unfortunately rsync is a lost cause on cygwin until the underlying pipe
issue or whatever it is can be fix. Give this has been about for years
I wouldn't hold you breath for this. Look for an alternative like
rsync daemon mode or using SFU.
N.B. Its not just rsync scp under cygwin is also produces totally
erratic transfer rates and stalls due to the same issue.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Harrison" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I can scp/ssh fine to the target with ssh keys installed or not, only
rsync hangs immediately.
This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise disseminating it or any information contained in it.
In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to email@example.com.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html