This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: binutils 20080523-1: version string breaks python2.5 distutils
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:21:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: binutils 20080523-1: version string breaks python2.5 distutils
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 01:47:23AM +0000, Joe Pham wrote:
> >If the OP verifies that the attached patch fixes his problem, then I
> >will release a Cygwin Python with this patch applied.
> >+ result = re.search('(\d+\.\d+(\.\d+)?)',out_string)
> It worked, though not 100%: it failed to pick up the patch release
> component (i.e. 1.2.3a). This search regex works for all cases:
Can you post your findings to the Python Issue Tracker? See the
I'm willing to patch Cygwin Python, but I would prefer to use a patch
that (ultimately) will be accepted into the code base.
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html