This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin Cron not running
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: Jonathan O'Leary <JOleary at Harford dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:08:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: Cygwin Cron not running
- References: <4840061D.311D.000D.0@Harford.edu>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Jonathan O'Leary wrote:
> I have a cron.log file in /var/log, however it is empty. Also, the contents of /tmp is empty as well. Currently I am trying to run 2 jobs, one is a shell script and one is a simple echo command to a file to see if I can get anything to work. Neither of the jobs run. Here is the output of my crontab -l (Both of these command work fine if run from the command line).
The problem is right there in your log:
2008/05/30 13:37:01 [lumcon] /usr/sbin/cron: PID 1424: (lumcon) BAD FILE
cron won't run jobs from a tab that is world-writable, as that's a
pretty gaping security hole:
-rwxrwxrwx 1 lumcon mkgroup-l-d 369 May 30 13:36 /var/cron/tabs/lumcon
Also, you should consider fixing your /etc/group file since a group of
'mkgroup-l-d' means there are missing entries.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html