Re: Problem with tags in vim 7.1

Corina,

Unfortunately generation of tags is beyond my control. They are using environment variables so our source tree could be accessible the same way from Unix and Windows (cygwin) machines, where the root environment variable is different.

This issue looks like a buffer overflow to me.

Is there anybody willing to take a deeper look?

Thanks,
Alex
On Jun 16 01:13, Alex Shturm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a strange problem with tags in vim 7.1 that I've just installed.
> My Cygwin version is 1.5.25-14.
> [...]
> *** Case (1)
> tagfile:
> ------------------------
> my_function $TESTDIR/test.c /^int my_function (int aaa)$/
> ------------------------
> [...]
> E434: Can't find tag pattern
> *** Case (2)
> tagfile:
> ------------------------
> my_function c:/temp/test.c /^int my_function (int aaa)$/
> ------------------------
> Command "vim -t my_function" CRASHES vim (segmentation fault) ....
> *** Case (3)
> tagfile:
> my_function /cygdrive/c/temp/test.c /^int my_function (int aaa)$/
> Only here the command "vim -t my_function" correctly loads test.c and finds > the tag.

I never heard about vim being able to use variables in tags files.
As for case 2, use POSIX paths.

Corinna

Red Hat