Re: setup.exe needs package name selection filter

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> Mark J. Reed wrote:
>> Sorry, I need to stop using GMail Mobile to post to this list.  It
>> leaves me no option about either of those.
>
> I assume you mean beyond doing this manually.

Unfortunately, no.  I don't mind rearranging quoted text manually.
What GMail Mobile does is append the original text to my message when
I send it, with email-address-containing attribution; as far as I can
determine, I have no way to alter that behavior.  The offending text
is not inserted into the text field of my reply where I can manipulate
it; all l I get there is a placeholder.  So I don't even have access
to the original text to quote it in context above the TOFU if I want
to.  And deleting the placeholder doesn't prevent the entire original
text from being appended when I hit send.

I could get around this by composing an entirely new message instead
of using the reply function, but then my "reply" would not have the
proper headers to insert it into the proper thread.

So in future I'll just refrain from replying to this list from my
mobile.  It can wait until I get back to an actual computer.

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed@gmail.com>