Re: pangp

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) <yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
> |   So, they're in the DLL itself, but for some reason not marked as exports
> | in the DEF file, and hence no available stubs for them in the import .a
> | library.
>
> It's because of the -export-symbols-regex "^pango_.*" flag, hence
> _pango_* internal symbols aren't being exported.  This isn't supposed to
> be used when building a Win32 Pango, as you'll see from the configure.in
> where this flag is declared; now you know why.
>
> My questions are:
> 1) What is /usr/local/bin/gcc that the OP is using?

/usr/local/bin/gcc is: gcc (GCC) 4.3.1 20080529 (prerelease)
I get the same results using cygin's
/bin/gcc  (gcc 3.4.4 cygming special)

> 2) Has the OP built cairo from sources with the Win32 backend instead of
> the X11 as in our distro?
cairo 1.6.4 was configured as follows:
   ./configure CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc --with-x  --prefix=

> I can attest that there are no issues building pango with the X11 cairo.
What version of pango are you talking about?
Doesn't using the configure option for cairo of "--with-x" build the X11 cairo?

> |   A simple workaround might be to build with --disable-shared
> | --enable-static instead.
>
> NO, don't do that!!  Pango must be built dynamic.
>
> |   Hmmm.  There's various pango and pang-devel packages in the distro.  Do
> | you have any/all/none of those installed?  Is this a source build from the
> | distro source tarballs, or are you trying the upstream sources?
>
> 1.21.3 is from SVN trunk; the latest upstream version is 1.20.3, also in
> Ports.  It's irrelevant though, as this flag has been used for years.
>
> (Why isn't the distro Pango updated?  X11R7.)
>
> Yaakov
> --
Regards,
  Henman