Re: Fwd: md5sum using Cygwin in Windows

Ben wrote:
"The project is geared towards people who understand a UNIX(tm)
environment.  If that isn't you, then it's hard to see why you're
dabbling with Ubuntu."

If I don't understand UNIX, then it's hard to see why I'm dabbling
with Ubuntu? Is that a mistype? Did you mean to say that it's easy to
see why I'm dabbling with Ubuntu, as it is generally thought to be a
newbie-friendly distro? Is there a more approachable way to understand
UNIX?

It's no wonder that Linux has roughly 1% desktop market share with
that sort of attitude. Unfortunately, Ubuntu doesn't even display
right on my laptop, so it'll be a while yet before I do understand
Linux.

- B

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Christopher Faylor