setting default group and/or disabling CYGWIN ACL behavior

Constantly have to wrestle with CYGWIN imposed ACLs on files I
create.  It's bothersome to constantly issue 'cacls /t' and
'icacls * /reset /t' commands to strip out the CYGWIN overrides
after receiving complaints from others who can't access the
files.  No one is in the Administrators group.

The best solution would be to just turn it off (!) so that
normal Windows ACL inheritance works the way it does outside of
CYGWIN.

A possible work-around if the above ideal solution is
unavailable would be to have some way to change the group id to
something other than "None".  Can't find a 'newgrp' command and
the '/etc/passwd' file and 'bash' login syntax clearly do not
support this.  Don't see any way to set the process default
group in Windows without running a domain controller.

I searched on this quite a bit before asking the list.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.