Multithreaded accept/connect hang (WSAEINPROGRESS)

  Hello,

I am working on a project making use of the cygwin X server (Xwin). One
requirement we have is to avoid any potential security issue so I was
trying to modify the Xwin window manager and clipboard code so that it
would work with the "-nolisten tcp" option (currently, both window
manager and clipboard run in threads and talk to the X display through a
tcp/ip socket). The problem is, these modiifcations lead to hangs about
30 to 40% of the time.

Using strace, I found out that the hangs coincide with a WSAEINPROGRESS
error status being returned by connect. It's the same issue that is
described here:
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2007-06/msg00669.html. When I use a
recent cygwin1.dll snapshot as suggested in this post, the locks do not
happen. Unfortunately, we are not willing to use a snapshot in our
product release.

So...I have two questions:

1- Do you have an idea of when the 1.7 cygwin release (with this fix
included) will come out? I've read some mentions of "some time this
year" in other posts, but I'd like to get a more definite date if at all
possible...

2- If it's not going to be any time soon (or if nobody knows precisely),
could somebody give me some details on how to "implement accept in
non-blocking mode manually in <my> application", as Corinna suggested in
the aforementionned post?
I understand this second question might be better directed to the
cygwin/X mailing list. Let me know if it's the case.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards
Jean Labarre