Redirecting Console Input

Is there a way to redirect console input /to/ (actually /from/ ;-) ) a file, for say a Vista
console (CLI) command like 'sc'?

I've tried:

sc <Ys.in >sc.help.txt

Where 'Ys.in' is a file containing a bunch of 'Y's, which is what 'sc' is waiting for.
'sc' ignores the file and waits for me to type 'Y', before it
resumes the help output to stdout.

I tried googling, but that was about as effective as US Government oversight of the financial sector. I don't seem to have the magic bean terms, or perhaps there is no such technique/utility.

BTW, if this weren't tough enough, I'm running Vista 64bit.

Thanks,

Lee