Cygwin not installing

I updated by Cygwin install today and when I launched the cygwin bash
shell I got the following message...

Huh?  No /etc/fstab file in \??\C:\cygwin\etc\fstab.d\CorrinMeyer?
Using default root and cygdrive prefix...
bash: /usr/bin/tr: No such file or directory
bash: /usr/bin/sed: No such file or directory
Your group is currently "mkgroup".  This indicates that
the /etc/group (and possibly /etc/passwd) files should be rebuilt.
See the man pages for mkpasswd and mkgroup then, for example, run
mkpasswd -l [-d] > /etc/passwd
mkgroup  -l [-d] > /etc/group
Note that the -d switch is necessary for domain users.
$

I then tried to run man on mkpasswd to refresh my memory and got the
following error...

$ man mkpasswd
/bin/sh: /usr/bin/gunzip: No such file or directory
fgets: Broken pipe
Error reading man page /usr/share/man/man1/mkpasswd.1.gz
No manual entry for mkpasswd
$

In fact the entire directory /usr/bin does not exist.  Instead, it
seems all the files that were suppose to be installed to /usr/bin/
where installed to /bin.  Even the cygwin1.dll, if memory serves, is
usually installed in /usr/bin but I found it in /bin instead.  Opening
the properties of the cygwin1.dll from the Windows File Explorer
indicates a version number of 1007.0.0.0 and a file version 1.7.0.

Running 'cygcheck -c' from the Cygwin bash shell lists many packages
with a status of 'Incomplete' including the 'cygwin' package which is
listed as version 1.7.0-31.

I know that Cygwin 1.7 was released accidentally some time ago to the
mirrors but was then reverted.  The Cygwin front page indicates that
1.5.25-15 is the latest release.  Has 1.7 actually been released or is
something else going on?

~ Corrin