Re: group = (2**32-1) = 4294967295

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
But you have the properties dialog in Explorer, or the cacls tool
on the command line to find out.  If that's on Vista, it might be
the "TrustedInstaller" group which is neither a local group nor a
domain group.  Don't ask me what the idea behind this group is.
---
	It's in Windows XP -- their are only two entries in the
Security Tab -- me and 'SYSTEM'.  It had me s owner, but with no
access, so that fixes the access error I was also getting, BUT
the group is still unset.

cacls shows:
C:\home\law\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects
   ATHENA\law:(OI)(CI)F
   NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)F

Hmmm....is "NT AUTHORITY", not considered a 'local' system account maybe?
Otherwise, shouldn't it show SYSTEM as the group?

But SYSTEM as a group shows '18' in my /etc/group file, not "-1"
Seems like some of these files (perhaps the installer is trying to use
the the TrustedInstaller Credentials you mention, but since this is an
XP machine, it doesn't exist?  Uh...weird.