1.7 - noacl for cygdrive

Is there a way to specify noacl for any cygdrive referenced path?  I have
used rsync quite a bit in the past and rather than specifying mount point
such as /var, I have just referenced the path to the directory to store
(e.g. /cygdrive/e/data/backup01).  This allows me to put the data anywhere
on a drive (mapped or local) without worry about maintaining an fstab entry.
I'd like to just use the NT permissions and have them inherited rather than
my cygwin process resetting them.

Under 1.7 the permissions are being treated as POSIX because I don't have a
cygdrive entry in fstab.  How can I disable POSIX for /cygdrive references?

Rob