Re: POSIX 2008 available

On Dec  9 21:58, Eric Blake wrote:
> For those who would like help modernize cygwin to the latest POSIX standard,
> POSIX 2008 is now freely available at:
>
> http://www.opengroup.org/bookstore/catalog/c082.htm

Thanks for letting us know.

> which, once you accept a cookie, redirects to:
>
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/toc.htm
>
> For an example of the differences, 'touch -d date' is now standardized (it
> wasn't in POSIX 2001), although with a format that GNU coreutils still does not
> parse, so I've got some work ahead of me before the next coreutils release:
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/touch.html
>
> (hmm, did you notice how the POSIX folks borrowed my username in the examples
> section?)

So you're famous now!  Congratulation!

Do you know, by any chance, how I can get the Mozilla search feature to
work with SUSv4?

For some reason, all my usual methods used with the SUSv3 docs don't
work with SUSv4.

http://www.opengroup.org/cgi-bin/kman2?sourceid=Mozilla-search&value=read
works.

http://www.opengroup.org/cgi-bin/kman3?sourceid=Mozilla-search&value=read
asks for username and password instead.

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/nfindex.html
works.

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/nfindex.html
asks for username and password after pressing the search button.

Are this interfaces just not opened to the public yet, or will these
stay closed?  That would be a real pity.

Corinna

Red Hat