Re: 1.5.25: Cygwin, LAPACK, and ssh -- output "swallowed"

Eric Hui wrote:

> Jim Kramer wrote:
>
>> Concise problem description:
>> A C/C++ program that incorporates LAPACK functions "swallows" program
>> output when run (as a command) over an ssh connection.
>
> This may be an issue with your path.  In your example 1, try
>
> ssh hollyberry echo '$PATH'
>
> The LAPACK dll is in /usr/lib/lapack/, so that will need to be in
> your path.

Yes, thank you, that resolved it. To be sure I understand why it wasn't
working as I expected:

When sending a command via ssh, no shell is started and therefore the cygwin
environment (in this case, the library path) is not fully configured. So,
the appropriate path needs to be added someplace such that *Windows* (not
Cygwin) can find it (e.g., the Windows PATH environment variable). Do I have
that right?

Also, a follow-up question: is there another method for setting paths that
would work under these circumstances? For instance, symbolic links to the
LAPACK library?

Thank you again for the help,

Jim