Re: cmd.exe from Cygwin

Jeenu V wrote:
For all we know bldmake could be bldmake.bat which contains a line such as:

sh E:\Symbian\M04765_Symbain_OS_V9.5\bin\Tech\Viewepoc32\tools\bldmake.bat

Intending to use Symbian's version of "sh" which can handle backslashes but
due to how your PATH is setup it's using Cygwin's version of "sh" which
doesn't like the backslashes. I'm not saying that's exactly what's going on,
I'm saying that we don't know given your description so far.

I think I've make little progress in this regard: I compared environment variables from an original cmd.exe and that of cmd.exe invoked from cygwin bash. I noticed that, for the one invoked from cygwin, the %Path% variable had cygwin\bin directories before all Windows paths. After I removed the cygwin\bin directories, the same utility seem to work fine (as of now). How can I prevent cygwin\bin directories occupying at the beginning of %path%?

The Cygwin paths are added in '/etc/profile'. Obviously, you can remove them though that will make your configuration non-standard and unsupported. Essentially, this would make Cygwin tools inaccessible when running 'bash', which doesn't sound like what you really want. Obviously, you could add the Cygwin paths somewhere else to give Symbian priority but this is likely to just cause other conflicts and, again, not be what you really want. So to me, the question comes down to which tools to you really want to use, Symbian's, Cygwin's, or something else? Once you can answer that, you should be able to configure things so that you get the proper set for your needs.

Holliston, MA 01746