Re: Hosting the Debian/kCygwin port?

Samuel Thibault schreef:
Sjors Gielen, le Wed 21 Jan 2009 13:28:55 +0100, a écrit :
I started with the idea when I noticed this project. It had been dead for a few years, and I liked the idea and looked into it. I had some contact with the original admin. He added me to the project, created an SVN repository on my request, but refused to make me an admin, which is needed to i.e. modify the project web frontend.

Did you tell him so?

I didn't tell him I needed admin access, but I did ask for it. (Either way, there's no reason for him not to give access, especially since he hasn't done anything in years.)

When I filed a project takeover, the admin removed my SVN commit
access.

I could understand that if you didn't ask for admin rights and explaining why.

I'm still waiting for the admin to either accept or reject the project takeover request. I don't have a lot of hope there, he seems to be working against me.

Well I'd fork then, thank the free software licenses ;)

I'm planning to start from scratch if this doesn't work out. There's no use forking, there's nothing to fork. :)

Sjors