Re: Status of Compatibility with Windows Server 2008 (2k8)

Perhaps it's bad form to reply to my own message, but I've got the 2k8
installation (x86) up and running and I'm ready to take the plunge and
report back on what works and what doesn't work.

Should I use the 1.5 release on the main page, or use the 1.7 release
(setup-1.7.exe)?
Alternatively, should I not even bother because it is known that
Win2k8 and Cygwin just don't play well together?

~Oren

PS. If the lack of reply to my previous question was due to some
failure on my part, I'm quite sorry. I did check the FAQ and the
archives of this list for any information in Cygwin's relationship
with Win2k8. Google was also rather unhelpful in finding up-to-date
information.

--
Oren

The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that carries
any reward.
~John Maynard Keynes

Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only be
maintained by violence. Any man who has once proclaimed violence as
his method is inevitably forced to take the lie as his principle.
~Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will
look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.
~Mohandas Gandhi

We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security.
~Dwight D. Eisenhower