/bin & /usr/bin

Peter Rosin wrote:

>> Here, I think I have the path right, since, the Windows equivalent of '/bin'
>> is 'c:\Cygwin\bin', which means I don't understand the following comment
>> at all:

> My (minor) point was that from the mintty point of view, the fact
> that /bin and /usr/bin are equivalent is a coincidence - it's a
> Cygwin quirk. Since mintty installs in /usr/bin,

Not on my Vista 64b System! Everything is in /bin, (c:\_r\bin) NOTHING is
in /usr/bin. (c:\_r\usr\bin). I thought, I had remembered that, in prior
systems almost the reverse was true, but I checked before I wrote the last
reply (and checked again, just now).

As everyone has implied, all items in /bin, are accessible through /usr/bin.

Is my system different? Why? Pilot error?