Re: libpng headaches!

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> David Karlgren wrote:
>> Hello dear Cygwin users, I hope I'm posting this to the right list. If
>> not, then I sincerely apologize!
>>
>> I'm programming a game using SDL and I compile with gcc under Cygwin
>> and link with the mingw libraries.
>
> So you're really using MinGW then.  The MinGW list would be the appropriate
> place to look for help with this problem.

  And the problem is presumably caused by trying to use the Cygwin version of
libpng-devel, which will have references to functions supplied by the Cygwin
DLL, when linking against MinGW runtime libs, which don't supply the same set
of functions.

  The problem with "-lz" could probably be fixed by using the mingw-zlib
package, but David will need to find a proper MinGW build of libpng (or roll
his own).

    cheers,
      DaveK