Re: Message during linking

Kai Tietz wrote:
Hello Eric,

Hello Kai and thanks for your swift reply!

Here's the very simple Makefile that was used:
CXX = g++
CXXFLAGS = -Wall -Wextra -std=c++98 -pedantic -Werror -c
LDFLAGS = -s -o $(EXEC)

Add to your LDFLAGS --enable-auto-import

--enable-auto-import did nothing, however, -enable-auto-import did silence the warning during linking (notice only one leading dash).

That should remove those warnings for you.

Ok, so I need to alter all my Makefiles for c++ programs and this will remain this way (i.e., this option will always have to specified for the linking phase from now on)?

Cheers, Kai

- EL