Re: wget -k downloading to shares fails with seemingly spurious "permission denied" error

On Mar 26 06:02, Eric Blake wrote:

> According to Corinna Vinschen on 3/25/2009 9:51 AM:
> > No, I can reproduce it using an XP client and a remote directory on my
> > 2K8 domain controller.  Examining the strace output from wget, you can
> > see that wget tries to delete the file while still having a file mapping
> > open.  That's the problem.  Windows doesn't allow to delete remote files
> > with an open file mapping.  I don't know any way around that.
> >
> > In theory, wget would have to be fixed to not do that on Cygwin.
>
> I'll see if I can locate the offending code, and report it upstream.

Cool, thanks.  But we should better test this first before you send this
upstream.  I'm not entirely sure if my explanation is correct.  I tried
various different ways to delete the file but none worked.  Every
method, even just using delete-on-close, returns the *very* *helpful*
STATUS_CANNOT_DELETE message.  The open file mapping looks like the only
possible explanation but I couldn't find any documentation which
supports my theory, now that I'm searching for it...

Corinna

Red Hat