Re: Strange problem with running dmake via ssh

On Apr  2 11:15, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> I tried running strace to figure out what's going on, but that doesn't
> work since dmake.exe is a Windows executable.  I also tried running dmake
> like this:
>
>   $ cmd /C "dmake flashimage"
>   dmake .\trioimage.elf LINK_FILE=trioflashimage.ld
> BOOTING=BOOT_FROM_FLASH
>   dmake:  Error -- \bin\bash: No such file or directory
>   dmake:  Error code 255, while making 'flashimage'
>
> As you can see, it fails in the exact same way.  Are there some Windows
> executables that just can't be run in a Cygwin ssh bash shell?  I could
> understand if a command didn't run at all under Cygwin/bash, but I just
> don't understand why it runs in a local Cygwin shell window but not in an
> ssh Cygwin shell window.

This chapter in the new Cygwin 1.7 User's Guide is supposed to
explain what's going on when switching the user context from a
service like sshd:

http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview

Please read it closely, especially the section
http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd1

Hope that helps,
Corinna

Red Hat