Re: [1.7] Proposal: the filename encoding in C locale uses UTF-8 instead of SO/UTF-8

On May 17 11:09, IWAMURO Motonori wrote:
> 2009/5/17 Lenik <lenik@bodz.net>:
> > Thanks, but where can I get this patch?
>
> You can checkout it from CVS HEAD.

It occured to me that, if you're using a charset which differs from your
current ANSI or OEM codepage, you might run into trouble with native
Windows tools.  Therefore I also added a new -C/--codepage option to
cygpath to specify the codepage used to create a WIndows path from a
Cygwin path.  For instance:

  cygpath -C ANSI -aw .

creates the full path of the CWD in the current ANSI codepage.  The
-C/--codepage option takes the following parameters:

- ANSI   to specify the current ANSI codepage (for interaction with GUI tools).

- OEM    to specify the current OEM codepage (for interaction with CLI tools).

- UTF8   just guess...
  UTF-8

- n      A decimal codepage number according to the following table:
         http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd317756(VS.85).aspx
         Note that not all installations support all codepages.

I hope that helps.  Please note that the -C option doesn't work yet for
the -p option.  That's something I'll do after my vacation.

Corinna

Red Hat