RE: Can I speed up running "configure" script?

Ravenik wrote:
> I type "./configure" in xterm to configure package. The script runs
> very slowly - above 40 minutes. I suppose it should run faster on the
> E8400 2x3GHz CPU. Can I speed up / boost this ? Windows Task Manager
> shows "idle" process takes ~70%. Sorry if the question is stupid, I
> am beginner at cygwin.
> Host is Vista Home Premium 32, and cygwin is 1.5.25-15.

Usually, when something takes this long, is not using 100% CPU, but is
nevertheless progressing, it's because of network timeouts.

Is it possible that you have a reference to a non-existent network
share in your PATH?

If not, you could try identifying where configure is spending its time
by adding "set -x" near the top of the script (without the quotes, and
after the line starting "#!".)  That will slow things down even more,
but as the output scrolls by, you might spot it taking longer than
you'd expect somewhere.

If you don't get anywhere, please follow the instructions here:
particularly the bit about *attaching* the output from "cygcheck -svr"

You might also check whether you're suffering from BLODA.  See
  http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda
and
  http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA

Phil
--

This email has been scanned by Ascribe Ltd using Microsoft Antigen for Exchange.