permissions questions

I get permission denied when trying to launch this windows program UOAOS.exe from cygwin and I don't know why. Other programs with the same permissions launch fine. The filesystem is mounted without noacl.

 $ getfacl.exe UOAOS.exe
# file: UOAOS.exe
# owner: ian
# group: None
user::rwx
group::rwx
mask:rwx
other:rwx

$ ./UOAOS.exe
bash: ./UOAOS.exe: Permission denied

$ whoami
ian

It will run if I do run.exe UOAOS.exe. The file is a self-extracting zip file that runs a setup program after extracting. Also, in playing around with permissions, I recursively set my F drive with cygwin on it to be have acl from windows explorer of full access to Ian, Administrator and System, owned by ian and that is all. Should I change this? I just want permission stuff to work, I don't care about using posix permissions in any case where windows ones are more compatible.

Also, related question, what is the best way to get executables in various program\ files/dirs into your path for execution?

- Ian Kelling