Cygwin 1.7: Uninstalling all (base) packages using setup-1.7.exe

After installing all default, base packages in Cygwin,
I attempted to uninstall this base set by clicking on the
"cycle" button/icon of the 'All' category (while the setup
view for packages was set to 'Category') until 'Uninstall'
was displayed for 'All' and for all sub-categories.

When I clicked the 'Next' button, setup displays a window
with the following text:

Warning! Unmet Dependencies Found
   The following packages are required but have not been selected.

Package: bash
    Required by: _update-info-dir

Package: cygwin
    Required by: gcc4-runtime, libproj0, Numeric, _update-info-dir

Package: python
    Required by: Numeric

Package: texinfo
    Required by: _update-info-dir

Should not 'setup' be uninstalling '_update-info-dir' and the other packages listed?

When I removed the check from the check-box labeled:

"Install these packages to meet dependencies (RECOMMENDED)"

and click the 'Next' button, the following warning message is displayed:

WARNING - Required Packages Not Selected

If you continue without correcting the listed conflicts, your Cygwin
installation will not function properly.  We strongly recommend
that you let Setup install the listed packages.

Are you sure you want to proceed?

After clicking on 'Yes', setup runs to completion and includes the text "Installation Status: Uninstalls complete."