Re: Bash initialization w/cygwin-1.7 on NT4

Christopher Faylor wrote:
--- snip ---
I will try the manual process you suggested after I figure out how to get the snapshot and when it is available.

Bare in mind that I am using the broken environment to do this. I managed to extract the snapshot and replace the cygwin1.dll while not running any cygwin apps. Restarting a shell seems to function as before, uninitialized.

I then go to /etc/postinstall to find the scripts. They are all suffixed with .done. Are these the scripts I should attempt to run?

I thought maybe I could just try to reinstall bash after replacing the cygwin1.dll. What do you think?

Let me know what you would like me to do to see if this is fixed.

Jerry