Cygwin on Windows Server 2003 - Permission problems !?

Hi,

I set up cygwin on a windows server 2003 platform which itself runs in a XEN environment (some server with 4 2.6GHz cores and 4GB RAM). There is no user account except Administrator, so the only user which can do anything on the pc is the administrator (don't argue if this is a good thing to do ;-)

Because I want to compile flash applications using adobe alchemy I installed that piece of software according to the guidelines given on their webpage. Everything works and also their supplied samples compile and link (as they also do on two other vista machines). However, on this machine for some reason it's not possible to create a library out of several object files. For example, if I run

>> /home/admin/alchemy/achacks/ar cr /home/admin/funnylibrary.a /home/admin/funny.o /home/admin/funny2.o /home/admin/funny3.o

I always get some errors like

llvm-ar: can't rename 'c:/cygwin/admin/funnylibrary.a-dofeyJ' as 'c:/cygwin/admin/funnylibrary.a' Permission denied

Chaning the number of files to be linked doesn't change anything. The funny thing is that both files (in and output) exist actually, and that the programs tries to overwrite them. First I thought about a permissions problem, but I can't imagine that because there is no real other user account than the Adminstrator itself running cygwin. Interestingly I tried all the same on vista and xp and everything worked out fine. I aCyglso reinstalled alchemy - no success.

The only things which are somewhat mysterious is that during compiling any program there seems to be a natural time skew introduced somewhere. Whenever I run some make command I get warnings like "modification time in the future" and "build might not be complete". However, the build is complete and usually everything works fine. Still I argue that the error above might also be a problem which relates to time skews and reading/writing/modifying files on disk!?

The second interesting thing is that although everything runs inside the cygwin shell, the file names in the error report are in windows format (as you can see above). Might this cause some problems, and why does this happen?

Any Ideas are highly appreciated.
Regards