Re: How cygwin realize posix pipe?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 09:45:39PM +0800, Haojun Bao wrote:
>Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2@yahoo.co.jp> writes:
>> I have involved in the octave project.
>> Octave uses gnuplot as a graphic backend and data are sent and recieved via pipe.
>>
>> A report of slowness issue of the plot on octave on windows reported.
>
>So one of your program is native and the other cygwin.
>
>It's like a similar issue I met when using native Emacs+Gnus and cygwin
>programs (openssl client) to read imap mails, it is very slow.
>
>I guess it was a pipe size issue, for old DOS compatibility, the pipe
>buffer is 64K, and if I check the i/o rate of openssl with Procexp, I
>can see something like 64K.
>
>This is a very wild guess though. First I see sth. in Procexp to be
>about 64K, then I googled with "windows pipe 64k". Maybe you can try
>tweak the pipe buffer size.

1) Cygwin is a free software project so source code is available.  If
you have questions about how stuff is done you can always look at the
source code.

2) Please don't use this mailing list to debug problems with Windows
code.  If you don't want to use Cygwin that's fine but we don't want
to support people who *aren't* using Cygwin here.

cgf