libgd-devel missing pkg-config

Hi,

I'm trying to use autotools for the configuration and compilation of a
small project I'm working on called mscgen.

I want to use pkg-config to get the correct settings for libgd (or
more precisely PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBGD, libgd)), but the libgd-devel
package seems to omit the required .pc files.

I was wondering if there is a good reason for this being absent, or it
it's just an omission in the packaging?

Regards,

Mike
PS: The linux libgd-devel packages appear to have libgd.pc as follows:

prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=/usr
libdir=/usr/lib
includedir=/usr/include
bindir=/usr/bin
ldflags=  -L/usr/lib

Name: gd-devel
Version: 2.0.34
Requires:
Libs: -L${libdir} -lgd
Libs.private: -lXpm -lX11 -ljpeg -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpng12 -lz -lm
Cflags: -I${includedir}